Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Parent Shares Success

“As a teacher for 16 years, I have worked with children with various learning difficulties. Based on my experiences, I was very concerned about my own child’s progress in K-3. He avoided reading, read with little fluency and was below grade level. He was not able to write or
learn information without memorizing orally. He was often fatigued, distracted, and uncomfortable in school. He seemed to always have red eyes in school.

“His year at vision therapy has been a genuine success story. After a summer of vision therapy, he was one year above grade level in reading. He has been extremely successful in all academic areas. Studying infinitely easier. He has become a happy, capable and confident student. I would like to strongly encourage any parent who has a child struggling in school to have their child screened for tracking issues. My child has 20/20 vision so his visual impairment was not discovered earlier. I do not believe any modifications in school would have been effective in helping my child to do well in school. Vision Therapy has been critical in his development.

“I am very grateful to Dr. Cantwell, Mrs. Cantwell and Sherell! Their dedication has been life-altering for my son.”

CH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers