Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Parent Shares Success

“I would have never thought my daughter had a vision problem. She had been diagnosed with inattentive ADHD in the 4th grade. She was not hyperactive so I declined giving her prescription medication. She never said that she could not see clearly. She had adjusted to her hazy view of the world and considered herself clumsy. She always hated reading and would often complain that she was tired and would abruptly stop. Her grades began to suffer. It wasn’t until she reached the 7th grade that a vision problem became apparent during a routine vision exam at school.

“Working with Dr. Cantwell has been amazing. Through various testing and input from my daughter and myself, he was able to clearly diagnose my daughter’s vision problems. I was amazed to discover that many of the symptoms of ADHD closely resemble vision problems. After eight short months, my daughter can now see the world with clarity. She is no longer bumping into things and now actually enjoys reading. Her grades have improved drastically. Her confidence has improved. Vision therapy not only helped my daughter’s vision, but it helped her discover the answer to a question that secretly plagued her for years. She now knows that she is not different or lazy. She simply needed to see the world clearly. Dr Cantwell and his staff gave that to her through Vision Therapy. I am forever grateful.”


--AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers